Remember this wedding website, one of the Top 10 Wedding sites that you must read.
I had the chance to interview their founder and executive producer, Robert Allen.
Here is the interview.
1) Can you give me an introduction of yourself, when and how did you start out and what is your wedding site about?
I have been in the wedding business for the last 23 years creating wedding documentaries. In September of 2005 my wife and partner Holli and I launched Wedding Podcast Network. We have the largest, most comprehensive collection of wedding talk radio programs in the world. We interview the top wedding professionals in the industry, many of whom I have had the
pleasure of working with during my career as a wedding videojournalist.
2) I understand your site has been up for a really long time and is now one of top wedding authority sites online. What do you think is the key factor to your success?
I attribute our success to a number of factors. One is our professional experience in the world of weddings. I have personally been present at thousands of weddings working with brides, grooms, wedding planners and many other wedding services like photographers, lighting experts, and cake designers to name a few. Our insight and knowledge is invaluable when
giving advice to brides. Holli and I have been married 16 years and our listeners acknowledge that we are a credible and reliable source about weddings and marriage. I also attribute our success to the fact that we were embraced by the wedding community immediately. We produce programming with a sense of pride and integrity that is unmatched in the world of new
3) What is it about your website that you are most proud of?
We are very proud of the fact that we have a very easy to navigate website that is aesthetically pleasing without clutter. Currently we feature ten programs that help educate anyone involved with wedding planning. We enjoy showcasing wedding experts and authors that will share useful advice with our engaged audience. We are also very proud of the brand identity that we have established. Our extensive program show notes include links to
resources for instant access. We want our visitors to be in the know and be able to find anything we talk about with ease.
4) What is the greatest challenge that you have faced while growing your
The biggest challenge so far has been protecting our intellectual property. We have been having to deal with a cyber-thief for the last year and a half. Another company has been copying everything that we do.
5) Currently, what is the one wedding tip you want to give to soon-to-wed
Relax. It all gets done. No one will know if anything is missing. Be true to yourself, but don’t forget about the comfort of your guests.
6) What are some of the areas do you think wedding couples always overlook
when planning their own weddings?
Remember that the wedding planning is part of the whole experience. Enjoy it. Don’t let unexpected problems ruin your day. Stay calm and everything will work out.
7) Your final thought and advice for my wedding blog readers?
Find a way to express your personality as a couple and incorporate things you love for your wedding. Don’t be afraid to break the “rules” because there are no “rules”. Do your research. Listen to the experts you trust. There is a lot of misinformation out there. Be very careful about taking advice from just anyone. You have only one chance to get it right so make
sure that you get the best possible information you can when planning your wedding.
That?s the end of the interview.
- Have a romantic story to share? We'd love to hear your story of celebration. Here are 3 great prizes to be won! (worth over $997)
- Have something to share about your Relationship & Love or have a Bride to be Problem you can't solve? Visit Our Ultimate Caring Forums
relationship tips you can use for your wedding & marriage.
Join the Community by subscribing! (What's this?).
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on StumbleUpon or
vote for it on Digg. I appreciate your support. :)