The bride?s parents may include the bride’s dowry with the return gifts on the day of betrothal or deliver the dowry a few days before the wedding. The chinese dowry typically include
– beddings such as pillows, bolsters, comforter set, blankets, bed sheets, etc., all tied with red ribbons;
– new clothes in a suitcase for the bride (in the past, wardrobes or wooden wedding chests are used.);
– tea set for the wedding tea ceremony;
– baby bathtub, potty, face washbasin, tumblers, toothpaste and toothbrushes, mirror, comb;
– two pairs of red wooden clogs wedding slippers or bedroom slippers;
– sewing basket with even numbered rolls of colourful thread, needles, pincushion, scissors, and sewing wax with auspicious words on it;
– gold jewellery given by bride?s parents.
- Have a romantic story to share? We'd love to hear your story of celebration. Here are 3 great prizes to be won! (worth over $997)
- Have something to share about your Relationship & Love or have a Bride to be Problem you can't solve? Visit Our Ultimate Caring Forums
relationship tips you can use for your wedding & marriage.
Join the Community by subscribing! (What's this?).
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on StumbleUpon or
vote for it on Digg. I appreciate your support. :)