Now that you’ve figured out the expenses, selected the wedding favors, ordered the invitations and of course – found the perfect wedding gown, it’s time to consider what bridal lingerie to wear underneath. If you are like many, you may have overlooked or completely forgot to consider what may be one of the most important pieces of your wedding day attire.
There are many factors to consider when selecting your bridal lingerie. Do you want it to accent your shape? Are you in need of additional support on top? Are you considering a Corset? Does your dress provide top support but you are in need of panties only? Will you be wearing hose that need to be incorporated with the set? And how sexy do you want it to be? Does it need to be multi-functional and perform one or more of these? While these functional aspects are important, equally as important is the comfort factor. Remember, you will most likely have this and your wedding dress on for several hours – if not all day long.
Some styles you might consider are:
- Shaper – These lightweight garments are more functional in nature but can create a sleek look underneath shaping/smoothing out some of the curves Mother Nature gave you. Remember, shapers may change the way your dress fits you so be sure to try them on together
- Corset – Perhaps the most expensive of the lingerie styles, corsets can also be uncomfortable to wear for long periods. Yet, they are sometimes as stunningly beautiful as the dress itself. If you don’t want to wear this piece all day, maybe select one as an alternate to put on the night of your wedding.
- Garters – Many brides wear matching hosiery and need a way to hold them up under their dress. Consider a matching panty and garter set to go with the sexy hosiery. These multifunctional and very sexy sets may be just what you are looking for. And when it’s time for the garter to be thrown you will have comfort knowing your hosiery is in place.
Once you have the bridal lingerie selected, take it along with you to one of your fittings. Make sure you take the time to try them all on for the best fit. Bring a friend or family member along to give you an honest opinion of the look. Ask yourself – will I be comfortable in this for the entire day and possibly night? The point of bridal lingerie is to make you feel and look your best. If you are not comfortable you will be miserable and that will not be fun for you or your groom on this very special day.
Something else to consider, while you may wear these pieces all day long, on your wedding night you may opt for something extra sexy for him. You might also consider having him pick out a few pieces for you to wear that night and on your Honeymoon. Either give him some guidelines or let his imagination run wild. It can be fun for both of you.
You can see there is a lot to consider when selecting your bridal lingerie for your wedding day. Being careful to consider the fit and feel and creating the look you want will go a long way in making your day the very best it can be.
- Have a romantic story to share? We'd love to hear your story of celebration. Here are 3 great prizes to be won! (worth over $997)
- Have something to share about your Relationship & Love or have a Bride to be Problem you can't solve? Visit Our Ultimate Caring Forums
relationship tips you can use for your wedding & marriage.
Join the Community by subscribing! (What's this?).
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on StumbleUpon or
vote for it on Digg. I appreciate your support. :)