Wedding is an occasion that makes you enjoy while it is an occasion for your bridesmaid to work for the whole day to make the wedding special. They are definitely the persons to help you conduct your wedding in a smooth way and you have to take more care when you are choosing a dress for them. Many brides feel that it is their wedding and they are allowed to choose any dress they want for their bridesmaid. But this is absolutely ridiculous.
They are your friends giving their hands for your wedding and you have to make them feel comfortable. For choosing bridesmaid dresses, you have to take as much care as you take for your wedding gown. Follow the following tips to choose the best dress for your bridesmaids.
1. For any purchase, budget is very important. You have to decide how much money you can afford and then search for the item you are looking for. The cost of the bridesmaid dress depends on how many bridesmaids you have. If you have a lot of friends, then you may have two or more bridesmaids. Buying an expensive dress for all of them is definitely not affordable. You can choose to have a single bridesmaid and spend your bridesmaid?s budget exclusively for her alone.
2. The dress you are going to buy for her need not be very expensive. You can find an inexpensive bridesmaid dress for your bridesmaids if you are on a tight budget. If you can spend some time, you can find excellent dresses at affordable prices. What your bridesmaids will expect from you is a simple gown that is comfortable to wear for the whole day until your wedding ceremony ends. They don?t expect much expensive dresses during your wedding.
3. The bridesmaid dresses should also match with the theme of your wedding. They should go with your wedding decorations and should not look aloof. Flashy gowns for bridesmaids during traditional weddings will not be fair on your part. Only you know what the theme of your wedding is and you have to choose the dress for your bridesmaids matching your theme.
4. Your wedding location is also important for choosing the length of the bridesmaid dress. Whatever location you may choose, look for gowns that are non-creasy. If you have opted for beach weddings, you surely don?t want long gowns for your bridesmaids as they will become dirty soon. Even for outdoor weddings, short gowns will be very comfortable. For indoor weddings, you can choose long gowns for bridesmaids.
5. The weather of the location should also be considered while choosing gowns for your bridesmaids. Warmer location suggest short and light material gowns while winter locations demand clothes that will keep the bridesmaids warm.
6. The time of your wedding is important for purchasing bridesmaid dress. For evening times, long gowns may be eye-catching while for noon weddings, knee length gowns will be comfortable and awesome.
7. Generally, the bridesmaids are bought dresses in the same color with the same style. But this is not needed. You can add dash of colors to your wedding by choosing different colors of bridesmaid dresses. Colorful bridesmaids are best suited for casual weddings. In the case of casual informal weddings, you need not have to follow any norms and you can buy great bridesmaids dresses that can make the entire hall colorful.
8. While you can choose any color of bridesmaid dresses, make sure that the colors compliment your wedding attire. They should also suit the dress color of your groom. The bridesmaids are going to be with you throughout the wedding and complimentary colors will look beautiful. Traditional weddings suggest black bridesmaid dresses where the bride will be wearing white or off-white gowns.
9. It is wise to ask the color preference of your bridesmaids and choose the gowns in the colors they like. The bridesmaids are generally forced to wear a color that they don?t like. You can avoid this discomfort by discussing their favorite colors and you can choose those colors. Even if you don?t ask their likings, you can go for simple plain colors rather than dark and flashy gowns.
10. When you shop for your wedding gown, you can look for the designs for your bridesmaid dress. Flattering designs will be great if you can afford them. You need not go for much complicated designs; rather simple gowns are preferred by bridesmaids.
11. While choosing the pattern of the bridesmaids dress, don?t choose the pattern that will suit slim girls. Your bridesmaids may not be slim and if the gowns don?t fit their size, then they will feel uncomfortable to wear and you don?t want your bridesmaids to look poorly dressed on your wedding. You can talk to your bridesmaids and ask for their sizes before you place your order. This is always better as they are assured of a dress that will fit their size and shape.
12. Pick the gown styles that are in current fashion by referring to the magazines and papers. Sleek designs will be loved by women of all ages and if you buy proper fitting dresses for bridesmaids, you can expect them to be more cheerful during the ceremony. Your bridesmaids love them if you have reception and parties after the wedding.
13. Certain types of gowns fit only certain types of bodies. When you are searching for bridesmaids dress, choose a more generalized pattern that will look good for women of all shapes. Your bridesmaids will also feel great in your wedding if you present them with dresses they will like.
14. The necklines and the sleeves are also important in the bridesmaids dress. V-Necklines and A-Line gowns will suit all types of women. But you can change the necklines and sleeves depending on the shoulders and waist of the bridesmaids.
15. There are no rules that you have to buy the same style of gowns for all your bridesmaids. You can select different patterns for each of your bridesmaid so that all the designs are customized for them to wear. If your bridesmaids are very close friends for you, then selecting the pattern that flatters their shapes will be easier.
16. While you are looking for dresses, augmenting the looks of the bridesmaids, make sure that you concentrate on everybody. Some of your bridesmaids wearing flattering gowns and some others wearing normal dresses will not look great on your wedding. When you want your bridesmaids to look good, you should check if all their dresses fit them.
17. The fabric of the gown is also important when picking bridesmaid dress. Expensive fabric like silk can be chosen if you have a high budget but you can get excellent chiffon gowns at cheap rates. While choosing the fabric, you have to consider the sizes of your bridesmaids. For fat maids, strong fabric should not be chosen.
18. The age of the bridesmaids is an important factor for choosing bridesmaid dress. You cannot buy strapless sexy gowns for middle-aged bridesmaids. Junior bridesmaids should also be presented with a dress and you have to choose the style that fits their age.
19. If the bridesmaids are located in your city itself then you can take one or two of them with you while you are purchasing dresses for bridesmaids. This way you can get closer with them and you will get some advice on choosing the dresses. This will greatly help you in choosing the perfect dresses for your bridesmaids.
20. Sometimes, all your bridesmaids may be located in different cities and it may not be possible to get them while shopping. In that case, you can contact them via phone or emails and get to know their sizes and color preferences. You can also ask some advice on the design and the pattern of the gowns they wish. Ask some of them to provide or refer to fashion magazines, then it will be easy for you to make a decision.
21. Whatever may be the location of bridesmaids, let them try out the dress you intended to buy for them. This will act as a guide for you to buy the perfect style and size for each of your bridesmaids. When they are located elsewhere, ask them to send the photographs to check if the dress suits them. This is necessary so that you do not want to receive any complaints after making the purchase.
22. Either you can buy the bridesmaid dresses off the rack from the stores or you can make them with the help of a tailor. If you have fashion sense and if you wish to have all the bridesmaids wear the same style of gowns matching their shapes, you have to sew them by ordering a tailor. This choice depends on the budget and the number of bridesmaids. Custom-made dresses are often expensive than buying them from online stores but you have the option of creating new attire that is unique in its own way.
23. You can look for bridesmaids? dresses in many wedding shops or you can look at your nearest clothing stores. If you have seen some flattering designs worn by some of your friends, you can ask them where they have purchased those gowns and get similar dresses for your bridesmaids.
24. When you make an online search, you will get a number of websites offering different designs for bridesmaid dresses and you can also place an online order. Online purchasing is beneficial, as you will not have delayed deliveries. If you have arranged for a quick wedding, you just have to visit the online store, place the order and get back to your planning work. All your online orders will be processed quickly and will be delivered to your home address.
25. Select a bridesmaid dress that can be reused for any other occasion. Most bridesmaids may have had the experience of getting gowns that cannot be worn elsewhere. You can avoid this and buy the gowns that they can wear on other formal events. Simple formal gowns will suit any type of occasion and you will have the satisfaction of getting something useful for the bridesmaids.
26. If you want your bridesmaids to enjoy your wedding to the fullest, let them wear what they want. This will be very comfortable for the bridesmaids, as they can choose to wear the dress that fits them. There will also be no chances of embarrassment for the bridesmaids with ill-fitting dresses.
27. Apart from buying bridesmaids dress, you can buy them accessories like shoes and bracelets that they can wear on your wedding. You can also present them as gifts for the bridesmaids and they will feel happy that they can wear accessories that match with their gowns.
28. When you plan for buying jewelry, simple jewelry should go well with the bridesmaid dress. Simple jewelry will fit your budget and they are comfortable for the bridesmaids too. You can make them feel special by purchasing matching jewelry. You can find inexpensive pieces at online sites like eBay.
29. Remember that your bridesmaids need shoes on your wedding. You can also purchase shoes along with the bridesmaid?s dress which match their gown. Very high heels shoes are not preferred, as you want the bridesmaids to stand for a long time. You may want your bridesmaids to dance during the night and hence you would also need to choose the shoes wisely.
Everybody in this world prefers to wear proper fitting dresses that augment the looks and personality. Attire is the major thing that can boost up the personality of all men and women. The flower bouquets in the hands of your bridesmaids should match their dress inorder for the bridesmaids to look awesome.
If you want to highlight your maid of honor, then you can choose a different style and unique color for her to differentiate from the rest. Your bridesmaids are going to add cheer to your wedding and if you can get them the most flattering attire, you will have all the fun during your wedding.
- Have a romantic story to share? We'd love to hear your story of celebration. Here are 3 great prizes to be won! (worth over $997)
- Have something to share about your Relationship & Love or have a Bride to be Problem you can't solve? Visit Our Ultimate Caring Forums
relationship tips you can use for your wedding & marriage.
Join the Community by subscribing! (What's this?).
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on StumbleUpon or
vote for it on Digg. I appreciate your support. :)