I had the chance to interview founder and photographer of Big Day Pictures
and his name is Yow Siang.
Here is the email interview:
1) Can you give me an introduction of yourself, when and how did you start out and what is your wedding site about?
*One of my Dad’s favorite hobby was photography, since young I see him using the camera, taking great images and that really inspire me, and back 7 years ago I started shooting people, I love people simply because the same person can have so many emotions and nothing could freeze that except a camera, thats where I starting wedding photography, where the most number of emotions are packed onto one same day.*
*My Wedding portal acts as my shop front and of course its a honest display of many images taken from the same set of weddings, therefore you do not see just a few good images taken from many weddings and compile into one album. I also update my website very frequently so you expect to see the latest wedding series i capture.*
2) I understand you have been in the wedding-related field for quite some time and is now successful. What do you think is the key factor to your success?
*To be honest. Not just with my business dealings but with the images. Some photographers shoot just to get pass the day. Some photographers shoot for their portfolios, many try taking some very abstract images, artistic images but they speak nothing and tell nothing especially to the couple. Whereas some photographers shoot images that “belongs” to the couple. It still can be abstract, it still can be artistic but it really has to be done because you love the couple.*
3) When you are working with couples, what is it that you are most proud of?
*The Confidence they have in me when they engage my service, the Trust during the the wedding day and Exhilaration when they see the images.*
4) What is the greatest challenge that you have faced while growing your career?
*Turning down jobs due to full-bookings. Which now I am planning to source or train photographers*
5) Currently, what is the one wedding tip you want to give to soon-to-wed couples?
*Many couple plans the wedding for their family, relatives and friends but they forgotten the wedding is theirs. Put in the money and time where you want your wedding memories to last. Buy my book on wedding photography and know why getting a good and experience photographer is so important.*
6) What are some of the areas do you think wedding couples always overlook when planning their own weddings? (can be pertaining to your own field – in this case photography)
*Like number 5. They overlooked themselves. When they overlooked themselves they over look quality. You can save on anything but please never save on photography. The banquet will end, the celebration will end but your images gonna either make you a proud bride forever or haunt you forever. There are real reasons why some photographers charges higher than others.
Lastly, are you enjoying the planning and the fruits after your wedding is over? Remember to get help. If need to do get a wedding planner.*
7) Your final thought and advice for my wedding blog readers?
*I think many are doing this right now that is look for good information and wedding sources and most importantly share, so everyone will benefit from the vast material we have on internet now. Do not be afraid to ask.*
That?s the end of the interview.
If you are contacting this wedding vendor, do say Romance Fire sent you.
- Have a romantic story to share? We'd love to hear your story of celebration. Here are 3 great prizes to be won! (worth over $997)
- Have something to share about your Relationship & Love or have a Bride to be Problem you can't solve? Visit Our Ultimate Caring Forums
relationship tips you can use for your wedding & marriage.
Join the Community by subscribing! (What's this?).
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on StumbleUpon or
vote for it on Digg. I appreciate your support. :)