I had the chance to interview one of the photographers of Image Garden Photography and his name is Teck Meng.
Here is the email interview:
1) Can you give me an introduction of yourself, when and how did you start out and what is your wedding site about?
In 1998, the designer of a bridal shop chanced upon Teck Meng’s portfolio and unique style so captured the designer’s eye that was engaged to conceptualize their bridal advertising campaign. That’s how Image Garden started from shooting commercial photography to bridal. The aim of our wedding site is to provide getting married wedding couple an online wedding portfolio of couple’s in different venues and themes.
2) I understand you have been in the wedding-related field for quite some time and is now successful. What do you think is the key factor to your success?
By no following trend blindly, style of photography that is uniquely different from most other photographers. One of the few photographers that is still shooting on film and custom-print Black & Whites for that vintage feel. That’s some of the key factors to imagegarden photography’s success.
3) When you are working with couples, what is it that you are most proud of?
Couple still contact us years after their wedding to tell us how great the photos were, especially the custom-printed Black & White photos turning sepia creating a Old World Charm mood to the wedding album.
4) What is the greatest challenge that you have faced while growing your career?
By striking a balance between Film & Digital. Trying to convince couple that can Film can compliment Digital (or vice-versa). Film for that vintage look, digital for manipulation. Combine the above, a wedding album with a modern look and a vintage twist.
5) Currently, what is the one wedding tip you want to give to soon-to-wed couples?
Choose a photographer that shoot 30% of what the photographer like and 70% of what couple will like.
6) What are some of the areas do you think wedding couples always overlook when planning their own weddings? (can be pertaining to your own field – in this case videography)
Make-up artist, one of the most important person that is always neglected. He or she will make or break your pre-wedding and actual-day photos.
7) Your final thought and advice for my wedding blog readers?
Do take note when surfing photographer’s website with music, song and fancy flash, cause your wedding album does not come with that. Informations on the internet or photographer’s blog may or may not be true. Pictures speak a thousand words. Drop by the photographer’s studio to look at their portfolio.
That?s the end of the interview.
If you are contacting this wedding vendor, do say Romance Fire sent you.
- Have a romantic story to share? We'd love to hear your story of celebration. Here are 3 great prizes to be won! (worth over $997)
- Have something to share about your Relationship & Love or have a Bride to be Problem you can't solve? Visit Our Ultimate Caring Forums
relationship tips you can use for your wedding & marriage.
Join the Community by subscribing! (What's this?).
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on StumbleUpon or
vote for it on Digg. I appreciate your support. :)