There is a saying that distance only makes the heart grow fonder.
When two people got separated in the sense of being physically further, there is less intrusion into each other’s personal space.
These two people may be parent and child, husband and wife, boyfriend and girlfriend and even siblings. The list is endless.
Everyone needs personal space to function properly. There are times I need time to read my book while sipping from a cup of orange juice in a quiet cafe. At other times, I go for a swim by myself.
I encourage my wife to take up hobbies which she had wanted to take up all along. Sometimes, she may go shopping on her own.
What about you?
I’m sure there are times you may just want to take a nap and rest alone. At other times, you may just want some quiet moments being alone in order to clear your thoughts.
We all have personal spaces. It is just a matter if we are conscious about how much space we need and when we need them.
Lately, it was our first time of being in different places after marriage. My wife had to go overseas to work for a few days and I was busy in my camp running activities for the children.
We only communicated via sms and phone and the conversation over phone lasted for a mere few minutes.
Even though it may last for just short while, I’m really glad to hear her voice and know that she is safe and having a good time somehow even though it was part of her work.
I updated her over a regular period of intervals just to let her know what I had been doing and how I was. She did likewise.
Despite of the fact we were so far apart, our hearts were even closer and grew fonder than before.
5 tips that you can keep your spouse updated while being overseas:
1. Drop a sms telling how you miss her
2. Drop him an email everyday to share with him your daily experience
3. Write a letter and seal it with your kiss
4. MSN him and chat over internet
5. Nothing beats calling, just to say “I love you”
- Have a romantic story to share? We'd love to hear your story of celebration. Here are 3 great prizes to be won! (worth over $997)
- Have something to share about your Relationship & Love or have a Bride to be Problem you can't solve? Visit Our Ultimate Caring Forums
relationship tips you can use for your wedding & marriage.
Join the Community by subscribing! (What's this?).
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on StumbleUpon or
vote for it on Digg. I appreciate your support. :)