I had the chance to interview Karen Goh, the owner of Devotion Beautique.
Here is the email interview:
1) Can you give me an introduction of yourself, when and how did you start out and what is your wedding site & business about?
I am the owner and main beauty consultant of both Devotion Beautique and Personage Image Consultants in Singapore. Devotion Beautique was founded in 1995 to provide personalized comprehensive beauty and skin treatment consultation. In July 2003, I created Personage Image Consultants and offer professional image and personal enhancement consultation.
I have more than 12 years of experience as a beauty and skincare consultant and 7 years ago I began working as an online consultant for www.SingaporeBrides.com. I believe in the value of education and training in helping my clients. My motivation to enter into the Beauty Consulting Industry in 1995 came from the desire to educate and help people look after their skin and become more confident in both their personal and professional lives.
2) I understand you have been in the wedding-related field for quite some time. What do you think is the key factor to your success?
The Key factor to my success is Honesty. Acquiring skills with knowledge and a positive attitude towards lifetime learning are equally essential.
Many brides and grooms aim to look their very best for the big day. However, they overlooked the impact of looking good at all times which is both beneficial to their business, social and private life.
3) When you are working with couples, what is it that you are most proud of?
Most couples will have to work out a budget for grooming themselves. While we discussed in depth with them about their skin and body condition, they are able to clear most doubts and be more realistic in their expectation. They are able to carry valuable information with them.
And the couples can enjoy the process of looking good at the same time.
4) What is the greatest challenge that you have faced while growing your career?
The greatest challenge will be when the customers are already immune to oral medications for their skin conditions. When they come to undergo various treatments from us and are able to see results over time.
5) Currently, what is the one wedding tip you want to give to soon-to-wed couples?
It is never to compromise about your skin and seek treatment early. It is best to look naturally your very best with the wedding gown or groom suit. Otherwise, it will not bring out the best in them.
6) What are some of the areas do you think wedding couples always overlook when planning their own weddings? (can be pertaining to your own field)
Many brides want to bare their back while wearing their wedding gown, unfortunately not many of them have nice backs to show. They often neglect their skin on the back and can be worse off if they do not seek proper treatment. Early treatment is indeed advised.
While treating the face, it is best to seek professional help than just hearsay or through aggressive advertisement.
With both mentioned above, many couples do not allocate a budget to it and very often, had to settle for less in getting the best value in their treatments.
7) Your final thought and advice for my wedding blog readers?
Always be optimistic and realistic to reduce stress which will help to minimize conflicts.
That?s the end of the interview.
- Have a romantic story to share? We'd love to hear your story of celebration. Here are 3 great prizes to be won! (worth over $997)
- Have something to share about your Relationship & Love or have a Bride to be Problem you can't solve? Visit Our Ultimate Caring Forums
relationship tips you can use for your wedding & marriage.
Join the Community by subscribing! (What's this?).
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on StumbleUpon or
vote for it on Digg. I appreciate your support. :)