Planning a cheap wedding also means minimizing the necessary wedding expenses. From my wedding planning experience, it is inevitable to spend on the rental of venue, wedding banquet, wines and so on.
It is not easy to list down what are the things you can save on and it can be a pain in the neck and a storm to test the will of the wedding couples before their big day comes. We will still do our best to plan a really affordable wedding but only to realise that we still exceed our wedding budget at the end of the day.
A moment ago, a friend of mine contacted me asking for advice for his wedding dinner location and after talking to him, I think I have helped him save more than S$500. It is definitely a good start.
In Singapore, we Chinese follow the Chinese custom and hold wedding banquet in a hotel or restaurant at night on the wedding day.
My friend Andrew has found a good deal for a hotel offering S$798 (nett price) per table (a table can seat 10 guests)
The dinner package also offers a complementary bottle of wine per table and 2 hotel rooms for the wedding couple.
From my experience, we do our best to make the necessary expenses free of charge so that we spend as little as we can so we can spend more for our honeymoon. LOL :p
So here is what you can do if you are still negotiating for a good deal for your dinner package.
1. Ask for a complimentary bottle of wine for every table. It can literally cut down hundreds of dollars off your wedding expenses.
2. Ask for a complimentary room for your helpers so they can spend the night in the hotel. It is also a way of saying “thank you” to your helpers.
3. Most hotels offer parking coupons for your guests. Normally hotels offer free parking coupons for 10 to 15% of all your guests. You can ask for another 10 to 15% more.
At the end of the day, you have to ensure your hotel business manager write whatever you have discussed in black and white so that you can have a copy of the contract too.
Staff turnover in hotels is possible and you may end up having a new business manager at the end of the day without you knowing and you may find yourself requiring to negotiate for all the deals all over again.
- Have a romantic story to share? We'd love to hear your story of celebration. Here are 3 great prizes to be won! (worth over $997)
- Have something to share about your Relationship & Love or have a Bride to be Problem you can't solve? Visit Our Ultimate Caring Forums
relationship tips you can use for your wedding & marriage.
Join the Community by subscribing! (What's this?).
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on StumbleUpon or
vote for it on Digg. I appreciate your support. :)