photo from oncewed
Looking high and low for your wedding jewelry? After reading this post, you will feel better and at least more equipped than the sales person who will be attending to you at the jewelry shop.
In local Chinese custom, the mother-in-law has to buy “Si Dian Jin” for the bride. Si Dian Jin in Mandarin means 4 pieces of gold. In modern times, gold is not necessary as modern brides find gold to be old fashion.
In this post, I will show you 10 tips you need to know on choosing your wedding jewelry. There are times you could be buying for yourself or buying for someone else as a wedding gifts.
The principles are the same whether you are buying a wedding jewelry or a fathers day jewelry.
Choosing the bridal jewelry:
1. Today’s brides are spoiled for choices. They have many options to consider for the type of wedding jewelry they could wear on their big day. The variation of metals include: gold, silver, diamonds and pearls, or a combination of these. It is really up to your preference how you want to match them.
2. Do you know your preferred style and taste? Every bride has a different liking. The bridal accessories are determined by the color and style of the bride’s, bridesmaids’ dresses and the overall wedding theme. Make sure they are all matching.
3. Interestingly, surveys done over these few years have shown that brides consider pearl jewelry especially pearl bracelets, to be the most meaningful and practical. You can get the whole set including ear rings, bracelets and necklaces.
Chossing diamond ring:
4. There is a tendency to find elaborate rings with complicated designs but this type of ring may not go well with the engagement ring. You may want to have more choices by trying out a few different rings first. If your taste is simple, look for simpler elegant designs. Sometimes, less is more.
5. If you and your partner really want to personalize your diamond wedding rings, you can have them engraved with your wedding date, initial of your names or other something personal to both of you.
6. Don’t, whatever you do, guess the size if your fingers. Go to the shops personally and have them tried on. You won’t want to find out that you can’t fit your rings on your wedding day. Better safe than be sorry.
Choosing the diamond:
7. Firstly, you should be looking for is the diamond’s color. Check if they have the shine or look dull and lack of energy.
8. The second thing to look out for is the weight in carats. The carat will tell you the weight of the diamond, but also how big it is. Again, the bigger it is, the bigger the hole it will burn in your wallet. Buy one that you can afford as the importance of a wedding is lies in the quality of the marriage.
Where to get the jewelry?
9. You can buy them from a normal jewelry shop. If you are on a tight budget and doing your best to save (which you should), look out for jewelry sale so that you can get the best deal.
10. Buying a ring online is a great way to save money. and you can save up to 50% on an identical ring online as compared to its shop price. Remember to buy from a credible online shop.
- Have a romantic story to share? We'd love to hear your story of celebration. Here are 3 great prizes to be won! (worth over $997)
- Have something to share about your Relationship & Love or have a Bride to be Problem you can't solve? Visit Our Ultimate Caring Forums
relationship tips you can use for your wedding & marriage.
Join the Community by subscribing! (What's this?).
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on StumbleUpon or
vote for it on Digg. I appreciate your support. :)